Eriksen gave his first talk in Primary. He did a great job. I was nervous because the morning of his talk he didn't want to give it. We got to church and he practiced while I set up the chairs in the primary room. This was his talk: Jesus is an example of service. He feed the people fish and bread, healed the sick and showed love. I am trying to be like Jesus. I am learning to serve my sister, grandma and great grandma. I like to pull weeds and pick raspberries. I know when we do service Jesus is happy! Unfortunately, he ate the microphone so he sounded like the teacher on Charlie Brown. Oh well, at least he got up there and did his best!
Funny side note: Eriksen and I were in the library getting copies and a black boy in our ward came in to get scriptures. I could tell Eriksen was trying to process something but I didn't think anything about it. Then Eriksen whispers to me, "Mom, that boy has black paint on." Trying not to laugh, I tell him, "No, his skin is just darker than yours." Eriksen says, "Yeah, I have white skin." The mind of a 4 year old makes me chuckle!
1 month ago
1 comment:
Fun! Conrad gave one a few months ago. It's so cute the way they talk into the mic. Hailey still hasn't ever had a chance to give one.
Post a Comment