Monday, October 20, 2008

Apples

These girls are back at canning again. This time it was apples. They did apple pie fillings and apple cider. The pie filling is my favorite. When you're hungry for a pie, you just pour the jar into a pie crust and cook. On this day I did help in making the cider. We used an old hand crank apple press. It was cool because it shredded the apples and squoze out all the juice out. Our arms did get tired doing it though. In this case the saying holds true, "... we will enjoy the fruits of our labor". We're not sure how many jars Carley and her mom canned these past couple weeks, but I'm guessing well over 350 jars.

3 comments:

Celeste said...

The cider is awesome!! So is the grapejuice. Thanks for all of your hard work. We'll have to come help next year!

David & Audrey said...

Where did you get that apple press? It looks way old.

Belle said...

Wow!!! u go girl! that is some serious canning. I do some, which I thought was a lot, and for me, impressive. But wow! and yummy.